One of our priorities of Kids Ministry is to Partner with Parents. This means we strive to create an atmosphere where they can feel like we're coming alongside them to help and encourage them to be godly parents.
At the preschool age, this means partnering with them in two things: Loving their kid and knowing the parent.
Luke 6:31 - And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
1 John 4:19 - We love Him because He first loved us.
Below are practical ways to love their kid.
- Know their name
- Help the kid feel welcomed and wanted
- Ask them questions: How old are you? When is your birthday? What's your favorite color? Toy? Siblings?
- Play games with them
Ephesians 4:32 – And be kind to one another, tenderhearted
1 John 4:7 - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
Here are some practical ways to get to know the parents:
- Know their names. Most important way to get to know parents.
- Ask where they're from.
- Do they know anyone else that attends church?
- Are they part of a small group?
- Do they know about upcoming family events?
- How many kids are in the family? (This will help you know if a parent is running late due to picking up another sibling)
- Do they need help/prayer for anything? (You can direct their needs to the Kids Ministry staff. We have the resources and staff to meet the needs of our families.)
Parents want their kids safe and so do we. Below are ways to partner with parents in keeping their kids safe.
- Know the kids' names
- Know their parents name(s) and/or face(s)
- Don't check-out a kid to someone who "forgot" their security tag whom you don't know.
- Don't take photos of the kids nor allow someone else to take photos of the kids.